Connect With Me

Friday 10 November 2017

In remembrance

Last month the Atlanta City Baptist Rescue Mission lost a great man. Mr John Odom. Though he had two degrees and could have taught at any college or university in the country, he chose to stay and teach in a homeless shelter and dedicate 10 years of his life to it.
  Had it not been for his toughness as a disciplinarian, I would have likely not made it through the program. He commanded and demanded respect. Those who did not give that to him, would get reminded exactly who was in control and it wasn't them. Or me. Oh yes I had to be reminded a few times, even though I generally didnt dare put a foot wrong. Yes he was tough, yes he gave me a hard time but I needed that. I am grateful for the time he spent at the Mission and the time he spent with me. He'll be missed but he is definitely in a better place. With his Savior. We'll meet again up there











No comments:

Post a Comment