Connect With Me

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Mind of Satan

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and ran across a horrific article. It seems a British woman stamped her toddler to death. I was all prepared to mentally rip her to shreds, call her filth, suggest she be crucified and more. All of the sudden clear as a bell I seemed to hear one word. Hater. Of course there was no actual voice. It was the Holy Spirit. Now i'm not saying I was wrong to be appalled at such sickening and revolting behavior. Righteous anger was certainly called for. So what was I being told? Quite simply as someone who can be sarcastic and even hateful and insulting I was no better. The moment I start thinking a person is less than a precious creation of God, I start on the road the thinking like satan. The first hater in the universe
  So what of the picture I have? It's simple. Satan is an expert at lying, twisting the truth and lulling us into a false sense of security. While I may be justified in being angry at a wicked woman, that does not give me license to extend that to someone who does something silly and wonder what their mental malfunction is. Not if it means I also degrade them in my mind though it's perfectly normal to recognize the silly things people do. We frequently have to in order to stay safe.
  God is love. Hate is not a part of Him unless it is sin. Even then He loves the sinner and is not willing that any should perish but all should come to repentance. So that's the latest stomp the Holy Spirit gave me - at work of all things  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment